Reagent has been manufacturing functional textile coatings in the UK for the last three years and our volumes continue to increase rapidly. We now manufacture around 1000 tonnes per year of a specialist formulation with capacity for a further 1000. Which is used in many industries, such as the manufacture of automotive airbags, for example.
All our coatings are manufactured in accordance with our ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 quality and environmental standards. We also carry out some key requirements of supply to the automotive industry such as PPAP, Control Plans, PFMEA and MSAs. We are currently looking into TS16949 accreditation as this is a future aim for the business.
Our textile coatings process
We have experience in the handling and blending of aqueous polyurethane dispersions and are able to supply products to any specific viscosity. Our mixing equipment is suitable for non-flammable materials only and is routinely used to manufacture coatings up to 20,000 Cps. All products can be filtered into finished packaging via a 100 micron filter. Batch sizes range from 1000 to 7000Kg and we can package products into 1000kg IBCs, 200kg drums or pail of either 20 or 25kg.
To complement the polyurethane coatings that we supply, we also manufacture a flame retardant dispersion in-house. This is added to the coatings in order to meet the stringent requirements of automotive airbag supply and consists of a 60% w/w solids content. We use our high shear blender to ensure the homogeneity of the flame retardant coating, which is capable of producing batch sizes up to 1000kg.
We are also able to toll manufacture customer formulations and have experience in scaling up from trial batch sizes to full scale production. Included in this service is the preparation of CLP compliant safety data sheets and labels, and we can also design and print labels under customers’ own branding.
Bespoke product manufacturing
Bespoke manufacturing vessels can be installed and dedicated to your own product or product range; this is important for certain critical products or when the quantity required dictates a dedicated mixing tank. We can either purchase the mixing equipment or customers can site their own equipment on our site.
If required we are also able to add pigments to our textile coatings depending on the customer requirements.
High quality material procurement
We have strong business relationships with some of the world’s leading manufacturers of aqueous polyurethane dispersions and bromine-based flame retardants, which enables us to ensure a cost-effective and continuous supply for all our critical textile coatings.
Why choose ReAgent?
- Professional business relationships
- We've developed long standing professional relationships with many of our customers which has generated successful products and satisfied customers time and time again.
- Limitless possibilities
- All elements of our services are configurable from machinery and training to labels, packaging and delivery documentation. This allows us to pass on greater savings to our customers through increased efficiency and ensures we meet their exact requirements.
- Fully managed supply chain
- Not only do we source high quality raw materials to make your product we can also ship your products to anywhere in the world along with custom labels, packaging and delivery notes including your company branding.
- Quality, reliable raw materials
- Our global network of suppliers and in-house water plant mean access to high quality, excellent value raw materials is only a click away.
Get in touch now or call 0800 9555 798 to find out how we can help you