Looking for Conductivity Standards 20 MicroSiemens?
- We supply conductivity standards 20 microSiemens in 500 ml containers, with discounts available for bulk orders over 4 items
- Full MSDS is also available to download from our website
- We also supply Conductivity Standard 25 µS, Conductivity Standard 84 µS, Conductivity Standard 100 µS, Conductivity Standard 500 µS, Conductivity Standard 650 µS, Conductivity Standard 1000 µS, Conductivity Standard 1200 µS, Conductivity Standard 1413 µS and Conductivity Standard 10000 µS
- Furthermore, all our products come with multiple options, including custom labelling and specific pack size
Different Types of Probes Available
- Amperometric: this is the original probe used to measure conductivity. It basically has two electrodes separated from each other, and the specific spacing between them allows for the measurement of various conductivities. This method applies a known voltage to the electrodes and measures the resulting current. From these results, it’s possible to measure the resistance and subsequently conductivity. The higher the current, the greater the conductivity. As salt deposits start to appear around the electrodes, it may alter the results. This is a good device to measure medium to low values, but for extremely low conductivity samples, more accurate equipment is needed.
- Potentiometric: this method relies on four rings, in which the two outside rings apply an alternating voltage inducing a current loop, while the inside rings measure the voltage drop, which is directly related to the sample’s conductivity. The results can be compared due to a shield around the rings, which maintains the volume of the solution stable. This method can be used to measure a much wider range of conductivities than the previous procedure, covering both very high and very low values.
- Inductive or Toroidal: a third method involves an inductive probe, commonly used in industrial settings. A doughnut-shaped probe receives a high-frequency voltage, generating a strong magnetic field. As the solution passes through the probe, it induces a current and this signal is converted to conductivity.
Wide Range of Products
At ReAgent, we offer a wide range of products, from pharmaceuticals and petrochemicals, to test kits and buffer solutions. We also offer bespoke products to cover your needs. Simply contact us and a member of staff will be glad to assist you. We also offer free technical advice about all our products.