Looking for Industrial Methylated Spirits 95%?
Before you can purchase this product from us, you need to register your interest with HM Revenue and Customs. You can use there online form. It does not take long and staff are very helpful. For your information, this product is usually referred to as Industrial Denatured Alcohol or IDA for short.
- We supply industrial methylated spirits in 2.5L containers, with bulk discounts available
- This product is sold with a 94.7 to 95.1% v/v purity levels (more information available on the Sales Product Specification, available to download from our website)
- We also offer many other options with all our products, from bespoke blending to customised labelling
- Contact us for further information
About methylated spirits
Sometimes referred to as denatured alcohol, this product is essentially a mixture of ethanol and methanol. The methanol is present in a small concentration, but enough to make it undrinkable and poisonous.
Due to its high concentration, this is a highly regulated product in order to avoid its consumption as an alcoholic beverage. All alcoholic drinks are taxed accordingly, but this taxation does not apply to denatured solutions.
Why use methanol as a denaturing agent?
The main element in this product is ethanol, but it was necessary to find an additive to prevent its recreational consumption:
Open an account with us
For regular customers, we offer the possibility to open an account with us to make your orders easier and faster. If you wish to do so, simply
- Methanol is used because it has a boiling point close to ethanol, making it extremely difficult to remove by distillation
- In addition, if ingested, methanol is converted to toxic compounds, which are not excreted easily by the body. As a result, denatured alcohol is very dangerous and should not be used for human consumption.