How do we Supply Lithium Methoxide?
- We supply lithium methoxide in 1L containers with discounts available for bulk orders
- The product is sold with 0.0125M concentration, dissolved in a mixture of methanol and toluene
- We also offer custom packaging and personalised labelling with all our products
- MSDS page can be downloaded from our website
What is lithium methoxide?
- Alternative names: Lithium methanolate, methanol lithium salt
- Molecular weight: 37.97 g/mol
- Molecular formula: CH3LiO
- Appearance: Pale yellow to colourless solution with an alcohol-like smell
- Solubility: The best solvents for lithium methoxide include toluene and methanol, but it has low solubility in many other common solvents including tetrahydrofuran
- Thermal stability: This compound is very stable at room temperature, but at higher temperatures (above 40 degree Celsius) aqueous solutions become hazy due to desolvation of lithium methoxide
- Lithium methoxide is a highly flammable liquid, so it must be stored in a well ventilated area away from heat sources
- It’s also reactive with water and air, as well as acids, alkali metals and oxidising agents
- In addition, this compound is highly corrosive to eyes, skin and throat, with the potential to cause permanent damage after prolonged exposure
- Typically dissolved in methanol or toluene, which can also be harmful
- As such, always wear protective clothing when handling, including gloves and eye goggles
- Further information can be found on the MSDS sheet for this compound, which is available to download from our website
Over 30 years’ experience
With over 30 years’ experience, we’ve built an enviable reputation for high quality products and excellent customer service. Simply contact us for free technical advice or assistance with your order and a member of staff will be glad to help. We have a wide range of products, from speciality chemicals and test kits to pharmaceutical products and bespoke solutions to suit your needs.