Looking for monoethylene glycol for laboratory use?
· We supply monoethylene glycol for laboratory use in 2.5L and 25L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
· This product is sold with impurities not exceeding 0.2% water and 0.003% acetic acid (further information can be found in the Sales Product Specification, available to download from our website)
· All our products also come with further options, including personalise packaging and specific pack sizes
Chemical and physical properties of monoethylene glycol
· Common name: Monoethylene glycol
· Alternative names: 1,2-ethanediol, ethylene glycol, ethane-1,2-diol
· Molecular formula: C2H6O2
· Molecular weight: 62 g/ mol
· Appearance: odourless colourless viscous hygroscopic solution
· Boiling point: 198 degree Celsius (388 Fahrenheit)
· Melting point: -13 degree Celsius (9 Fahrenheit)
· Flash point: 36- to 550 degree Celsius (182 to 287 Fahrenheit)
· Auto-ignition: About 360 degree Celsius
· Solubility: soluble in water, alcohol and other organic solvents, but only slightly soluble in aliphatic hydrocarbons
· Stability: Glycols are generally stable in air and in solution. In addition, these solutions do not become rancid or allow bacterial growth.
· Decomposition: when heated it can release toxic and irritating fumes
· Corrosivity: can corrode some plastics
· Fire hazard: combustible
· Contact with eyes and skin: may cause redness and pain if in contact with eyes, as well as dry skin
· Inhalation hazard: Can cause headache, dizziness and cough if inhaled
· Ingestion hazard: Can cause abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, as well as unconsciousness if ingested
100% quality guarantee
All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours after purchase. If you need help, a member of staff will be glad to assist you before, during and after your order to ensure our product meets your needs. We also offer free technical advice for all our products. Simply contact us for further information.