Why Buy Muriatic Acid 1M (1N) from ReAgent?
- We supply muriatic acid 1M (1N) in 2.5L and 5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- In addition to 1M solution, we also offer a wide range of products for different applications and concentrations
- Full MSDS Safety Sheet can be downloaded from our website
- We offer more options with all our products, from specific pack sizes to custom packing
What to do in Case of Fire or Spillages
All staff should be trained in what procedures to take in case of fire or accidental spillage of muriatic acid:
- Fire: The compound itself does not burn, but if containers with muriatic acid are involved in a fire use, water should be sprayed from a distance to keep containers cool. Apply water or alcohol-resistant foam from as far a distance as possible until well after the fire is out. Extra care must be taken if in contact with metals, as the mixture may produce highly flammable hydrogen gas.
- Spillage: In case of a large spill it’s advisable to evacuate the area during the cleaning operations. For personal protection, staff may need protective clothing including breathing apparatus if evacuation is not possible. Clean-up procedures may need to include the following:
- Ventilate area to disperse the fumes
- Stop or remove source of spillage
- If the spillage was in liquid form, collect spilled material in the safest way available. Procedures may also include dilution or neutralisation followed by its appropriate disposal. This could be, for example, using agricultural lime (CaO), crushed limestone (CaCO3) or sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) as neutralising agents.
Open an Account With Us
If you’re a regular customer, we offer the possibility of opening an account with us. If you wish to do so please contact our sales team and a member of staff will be glad to help you. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours.