Looking for Muriatic Acid 4M?
- We supply muriatic acid 4M (approximately) in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- In practice, the concentration ranges from 3.96M to 4.04M (further information available in our Sales Product Specification)
- We also offer many other options with our products, from specific pack sizes to customised labelling
- Contact us for further information or if you have a technical query
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Name: Muriatic acid
- Alternative names: Hydrochloric acid, hydrogen chloride, spirit of salt
- Molecular formula: HCl
- Molecular weight: 36.46 g/mol
- Appearance: Colourless solution with a pungent irritating odour
- Boiling point: -85°C (-121°F)
- Melting point: -114°C (-174°F)
- Solubility: Soluble in water, methanol, ethanol and ether
- Stability: Compound with a high thermal stability
Muriatic acid may react violently with bases and oxidizers forming toxic chlorine gas. It can also react with many other compounds, including acetic anhydride, amines and alkanolamines, just to name a few.
This product is highly corrosive to many different materials, forming hazardous hydrogen gas. It may also attack rubber and plastic.
What is Muriatic Acid Used For?
This is an extremely popular compound, with many different uses in industry. Typically, applications take advantage of its strong acidic properties or as a raw compound used in the synthesis of other products. Common uses include:
- Brine treatment for chloralkali
- Steel pickling
- Synthesis of calcium chloride
- Oil well acidulation
- Treatment of water in swimming pools
- Metal recovery from used catalysts
- pH control
- Sludge removal
- Sand and clay purification
- Production of organic and inorganic compounds
Over 40 Years’ Experience
ReAgent has been an established chemical manufacturer for over 40 years, and during this period we’ve built an enviable reputation for high-quality products and excellent customer service. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours.