Looking for Muriatic Acid for Analytical Use?
- We supply muriatic acid for analytical use in 2.5L and 25L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- This product is sold as a 35-37% solution, with minimum levels of impurities (details can be found in the Sales Product Specification which can be downloaded from our website)
- We also offer further options with all our products, from customised labelling to specific pack sizes
Common Uses for Muriatic Acid
This compound can be used industrially in a variety of reactions:
- Used in the synthesis of organic compounds: Muriatic acid can be used in the manufacture of several organic compounds, including vinyl chloride, dichloroethane, activated carbon and bisphenol A as well as many pharmaceutical products.
- Example 1: 2CH2=CH2 4 HCl O2 → 2 ClCH2CH2Cl 2 H2O (oxychlorination to produce dichloroethane)
- Example 2: wood heat HCl → activated carbon (chemical activation to produce activated carbon
- Used in the synthesis of inorganic compounds: In addition, muriatic acid can also be used to synthesise inorganic compounds, involving mostly acid-base reactions. These include, for example:
- Iron(III) chloride from magnetite (Fe2O3), commonly used as a flocculation agent in sewage treatment
- Nickel(II) chloride used in electroplating
- Zinc chloride used in galvanizing
- Calcium chloride applied to roads in cold weather
- Regeneration of ion exchangers: Muriatic acid can also be used to regenerate ion exchange resins. This acid is typically used to remove calcium and sodium ions (Ca2 and Na), respectively) from aqueous solutions to produce demineralised water, replacing them with H ions.
Our Quality Promise
All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours after purchase. Contact us if you need help with your order or free technical advice. A member of our customer service team with be glad to assist before, during and after your purchase.