Looking for Muriatic Acid AR 2% v/v?
- We can supply muriatic acid AR 2% v/v in 10L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- Full MSDS can be downloaded from our website
- We also offer further options, from custom packing to bulk quantities
Niche Applications of Muriatic Acid
As a strong acid, muriatic acid has found many industrial applications in a large scale, from pickling of steel and iron to use in the synthesis of many organic and inorganic compounds. However, there are also many other applications in a smaller scale that require the use of this acid. These include:
- Leather processing
- Purification of common salt
- Used as household cleaning agent: can be used as a de-scaling agent to remove residues of calcium carbonate in kettles and other household appliances
- Used in the construction industry: typically used to remove mortar from bricks. In this case, it’s important to apply carefully as the reaction with mortar continues until all the acid is used. This reaction produces calcium chloride (CaCl2); carbon dioxide and water.
- Used to stimulate oil production: this compound can be injected into the rock, creating a large-pore structure to facilitate oil extraction.
- Commonly used in the food industry during the manufacture of many food additives and food ingredients, including fructose, citric acid, lysin, aspartame, hydrolysed vegetable protein and gelatine, to name just a few.
40 Years’ Experience
After 30 decades as an established chemical manufacturer, ReAgent has built an enviable reputation for good quality products and excellent customer service.
If you need assistance, a member of staff will be glad to help you before, during and after your purchase to ensure our product meets your expectations.
In addition to muriatic acid, we offer a wide range of products, from test kits and pharmaceutical chemical to speciality products and bespoke solutions. Simply contact us for further information.