Over the past 12 months we have been working tirelessly to build and redesign our all new and improved Chemicals.co.uk website.
For those who don’t know, coupled with the ReAgent website, is our eCommerce store for off the shelf products; Chemicals.co.uk. Since this time last month, a lot has changed on the website. Today we’re going to take you through some of the features of the new site and how this will improve user experience and journey when placing an order.
Redesigned User Interface
The entirety of the site has been completed redesigned from the ground up. We decided the look and the feel of the site was beginning to become out-dated and needed a fresh lease of life. For this, we opted to introduce a full-width header that remains static on every page. You may notice that the new site looks familiar to the ReAgent.co.uk website you’re currently on, this is because we felt the two websites felt very different in terms of style, so we wanted to create a familiar feel to our regular visitors.
“With the ability to implement changes and act on feedback provided by customers and other members of staff, we’re confident that the new website is going to prove to be a fruitful investment into ReAgent’s digital footprint. We’re extremely excited about the launch of this website and we can’t wait to begin experimenting with new features to constantly bring the best functionality to our customers.”
– Darren Langton, Marketing Manager
Enhanced eCommerce Functionality
Possibly the biggest improvement to the site has to be in the core functionality of the site which is the eCommerce features. A brand new and re-designed product page with more enhanced functionality that will improve the end users experience. Some of the new features we’ve included into the site are as follows:
- Automated Specification Tables – Allows you to quickly see the technical specifications on a per product basis
- Integrated to our in-house MSDS Database – For products that have MSDS files, we’ve included them on each product page for your convenience.
- Responsive website design – No matter the size of your laptop, monitor, tablet, we’ve optimised our new site for it. This means no restricted content on a device variable.
- Questions & Answers – If you have a product specific question, you can submit it on the site which will be sent directly to our dedicated sales team, once they’ve answered your question you will be notified.
- Improved Security – We have a top level SSL Certificate installed on the chemicals.co.uk website meaning all and any information you put into the site is secured using the highest level of encryption available.
- Enhanced Checkout – Our streamlined checkout has been purposefully built for simplicity and user efficiency. Choose from your multiple shipping addresses for a straight forward checkout process.
Our website is managed entirely in-house. Everything from the server configuration, to taking orders and technical support. This means that if you have any issues using our website, you can get in touch with our sales team and from there they can direct you to the relevant department for the problem you’re having. We are able to respond quickly to any issues that are flagged up by fellow members of staff using the site, and customers on the site who notice anything out of the ordinary.
Over the upcoming weeks we will be bringing out information to do with our Chemicals.co.uk website launch and some of the best features you can take advantage of to improve your experience whilst on the site.
All content published on the ReAgent.co.uk blog is for information only. The blog, its authors, and affiliates cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury or damage caused in part or directly from using the information provided. Additionally, we do not recommend using any chemical without reading the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), which can be obtained from the manufacturer. You should also follow any safety advice and precautions listed on the product label. If you have health and safety related questions, visit HSE.gov.uk.