Why Should you Buy Nitric Acid 0.014M from ReAgent?
Full MSDS available to download from our website
- We supply nitric acid 0.014M in 10 L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- In addition, we also offer a wide range of other nitric acid products, covering several applications and concentrations
How Toxic is Nitric Acid?
This compound is a strong acid, and appropriate safety procedures must be followed by all staff handling this chemical.
- Exposure routes: Toxic by inhalation, ingestion or direct contact with skin. It may become irritable to the eyes, throat and nose, and it’s particularly corrosive to teeth causing dental erosion
- First aid: In case of exposure wash affected areas with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Contaminated clothing must be removed. If ingested, artificial respiration may be needed.
- Environmental impact: It’s not currently regarded as an environmental hazard
- Materials to avoid: Compounds to avoid include alkali metals, bases, ammonia and oxidizable substances.
Common Applications for Nitric Acid
- More than half of all nitric acid produced is used to manufacture ammonium nitrate (fertiliser)
- Used in the synthesis of adipic acid and isocyanates
- Used for military purposes (explosives)
- Used in the manufacture of other nitrogen-containing agricultural products
- Used to synthesise cyclohexanone, dinitrotluene, nitrobenzene and several other chemicals
- Used for industrial explosives
- Used to produce potassium nitrate
- Used in the manufacture of nitrocellulose lacquers
- Used as a nuclear fuel
- Used in steel pickling
- Used in the manufacture of nitroparaffins
At ReAgent, we’re very proud of our customer service team. If you need any help, a member of staff will always be glad to assist before, during and after your purchase to ensure our product meets your expectations.
We also offer free technical advice about all our products. Simply contact us for further information.