Why should you Buy Nitric Acid 65% w/v from ReAgent?
We sell nitric acid 65% in 2.5L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders. We also offer further options with all our products, including bespoke blending and bulk quantities.
This product is sold with 64.8% to 65.2% concentration and minimum levels of impurities, including less than 0.5ppm chloride, 1 ppm fluoride and 5 ppm non-volatile matter. Full details can be found on the Sales Product Specification, available to download from our website.
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Name: Nitric acid
- Molecular formula: HNO3
- Molecular weight: 62.99 g/mol
- Appearance: Colourless to light yellow liquid, with an acrid and suffocating odour
- Highly hygroscopic
- Boiling point: 83°C (181°F)
- Melting point: -41.6°C(-44°F)
- Solubility: Very soluble in water
- Decomposition: Under high humidity or temperature, it decomposes to nitrogen peroxide, nitrogen oxide and hydrogen nitrate
- Corrosivity: Classed as highly caustic and corrosive
Safety and Hazards
- Not combustible, but may enhance the risk of combustion for other compounds
- Can release toxic fumes in a fire
- There is a risk of fire and explosion on contact with organic materials
- May stain the skin yellow
- If inhaled, may cause difficulty breathing and sore throat
- Nitric acid is a strong oxidant, and it may react violently with combustible and reducing compounds
- Nitric acid is also a strong acid and may react violently with alkaline compounds and metals
- Nitric acid may react with organic compounds
Over 40 years’ Experience
ReAgent has been in the market for over 30 years, and during that time as a chemical manufacturer, we’ve built an enviable reputation for high-quality products and excellent customer service. If you need help, a member of our customer service team will be glad to help before, during and after your purchase. Simply contact us for further information or free technical advice.