What Is Ampoule Filling?
Ampoules contain and protect small samples of a product. They are ideal for single-use applications, and for ensuring protection from the environment. The reason our ampoules are made from glass instead of plastic is that glass is impervious to gases and other contaminants.
Suppliers and clients alike can benefit from using glass ampoules, with:
- Compatibility with a wide range of non-flammable liquids, including those sensitive to environmental exposure and other chemical solutions.
- Hermetic, airtight sealing that protects chemicals against airborne contaminants for a cleaner, safer, and longer preservation of the product
- Efficient transportation and disposing process
- Ampoules of more sensitive products can be nitrogen-purged to retain the highest quality
Why Glass Ampoules Are Used
Widespread manufacturing of glass vials provides the perfect packaging solution for businesses requiring single-use products. Their size, portability, and ease of use mean that ampoules have a wide range of uses. They can be used:
- For holding and preserving product samples
- As part of a product test kit
- As training materials in healthcare
- To hold air sensitive reagents
- To contain particularly hazardous liquids
- For standard reference materials
Our ampoules are often used in medical training. This is because a disposable vial is an efficient and accurate way to train students to prepare, calculate, and administer drugs. ReAgent manufactures glass ampoules to medical training programmes across the UK.
How Are Ampoules Filled?
At ReAgent, our glass ampoules are filled using an automated ampoule filling machine. The machine uses a flame to melt the top off each individual ampoule, making it ready for filling. The machine then inject the chemical into each glass ampoule, and a second flame hermetically seals the it (meaning it makes the ampoule airtight) to protect the contents from external contaminants.
You can watch how we fill our ampoules in this video.
Fast and Efficient Ampoule Filling Service
Our state-of-the-art Rota 915 Ampoule Filling & Sealing Machine produces ampoules quickly and efficiently. If you need a fast turnaround, just let us know. The Rota 915 is capable of:
- Producing approximately 15 filled and sealed glass vials per minute
- Outputting over 8,000 ampoules per working day
- Providing a cost-effective method to meet your packaging requirements
- Filling an ampoule with 0-2ml of any non-flammable liquid
- Filling open vials with between 0 and 20ml of liquid
Finished ampoules can be supplied in bulk, as part of a kit, or packed into cartons of 5, 10, or 20 units. You can also buy off-the-shelf ampoules of pure water online.
Filling Ampoules with Different Products
Ampoules can be filled with many different liquids. These include, but are not limited to:
- Some acids in liquid states
- Some alkalis in liquid states
- Non-toxic liquids, for example deionised water
- Toxic liquids
For any other substance, contact us for more information and to discuss your needs. We supply a variety of packaging materials to suit a range of chemicals, from flammable solvents to strong acids and bases.
Glass Over Plastic
At ReAgent, we have a commitment to the environment and we strive to use materials that have a minimum impact on our surroundings while protecting the product inside. Our use of glass ampoules is ideal for ensuring that we reduce our effect on the environment during production through to disposal.
Care for the Environment
ReAgent is an ISO accredited company. Our ISO 9001:2008 Quality Standard means that our ampoule filling service is guaranteed to meet all your specifications. As environmentally-conscious ampoule manufacturers, we dispose of any waste materials responsibly and with minimum impact on the environment. Our success in doing this is backed up by our ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Standard.
Ampoule Filling and Sealing Manufacturers
You can buy ampoules and have them filled with your product by ampoule filling and sealing manufacturers. At ReAgent, we have more than four decades of experience in ampoule filling and sealing, and we can also work with you to create or manufacture the product contained within the ampoules.