High-performance chemical coatings can reduce costs and increase efficiency gains. ReAgent manufactures bespoke chemical coatings for businesses worldwide and are accredited to a catalogue of ISO standards, so you can relax knowing you’re in hands you can trust.
What are Chemical Coatings?
Chemical coatings are any products that are applied to a substrate in order to change or enhance the properties of that material. They are incredibly versatile and can be modified to achieve a range of results, including:
- Water Repellence
- Flame Retardancy
- Corrosion Resistance
Chemical coatings can be used on a range of materials, including fabric, steel, glass, plastic and wood. Their main purpose is to safeguard critical parts of a product and to improve the overall quality of a surface, whether it’s a piece of machinery, a chemical container or even a pair of shoes.
Types of Chemical Coatings
There are an endless amount of chemical coatings available for a variety of applications. As leading chemical coating manufacturers with over 40 years of experience, we collaborate with a number of businesses worldwide to create high-quality chemical coatings.
- Fabric Coatings: Chemical coatings are used on fabrics to provide different characteristics. ReAgent works with a blue chip automotive company to mix and supply the chemical coatings used in their specialised airbags. The coating is primarily used to keep the gases inside the airbag, ensuring that it stays inflated for the required period of time.
- Flame Retardant Coatings: In the textile industry especially, it is important for pieces of upholstery and other fabrics to be well-protected against fire. Chemical coating technology is able to provide that first line of defence with formulations that prevent textiles from burning.
- Polyurethane Coatings: Polyurethane is a highly-resistant and flexible coating that is used in a variety of industrial coating systems. It appears as a liquid plastic coating that forms a paint-like film when dry. These coatings can be applied to a range of different substrates, including steelwork, concrete and wood. As polyurethane coating manufacturers, ReAgent can add additives to base polyurethane coatings to change characteristics to achieve the desired results, e.g. a flame retardant or hydrophobic coating
- Glass Coatings: Chemical coatings are also used to beautify and protect the glass we use every day. Various types of polyurethane dispersions are used in glass coatings because of the scratch-resistant and shatter-resistant properties they have. Silicone-based coatings are ideal for glass containers like ampoules and vials, which ReAgent also supply. By coating these containers with non-stick silicone coatings it is possible to ensure that the whole dose can be administered without any of the product sticking to the inside of the containers.
- Acrylic Coatings: Acrylic surface coatings are predominantly used in architectural or decorative finishes to enhance the colour, texture and overall appearance of a surface. ReAgent manufactures an acrylic coating for a company that specialises in paving products. The bespoke formulation of flexible polymers is used for decorative and protective reasons: it enhances the colour and texture of outdoor patios as well as improving their durability and protecting them against algae, weeds and oil stains. Acrylic coatings like these are excellent choices for a quick, convenient and professional finish on a variety of paving stones and other surfaces.
- Silver Coatings: Silver coatings are able to give a reflective surface to any material. The traditional method of making mirrors stems from the reaction between silver nitrate and a reducing agent, where two chemicals react together to deposit elemental silver on the given surface. This kind of coating gives a decorative finish to things like wood, metal, glass and even ceramics.
- Sol-Gel Coatings: As partners of the SoftSlide Project, ReAgent is helping to formulate a unique sol-gel coating that is specifically designed for injection moulds in the dynamic seal industry. Sol-gel uses leading coating technology to enable the production of textured surfaces. The Sol-Gel coating can also extend the life of injection moulds by protecting against corrosion and wear. This type of coating will ultimately reduce manufacturing costs and increase efficiency.
Why Use Chemical Coatings?
The advantages of chemical coatings depends on what your business is trying to achieve. In general, chemical coatings mean less downtime, less changeovers, easier clean-up, reduced costs and improved efficiency gains.
One of the major benefits of using a chemical coating is the protection they give to a substrate. This also ties in with how efficient they are. Without a chemical coating, even water can be damaging to certain products and equipment. Chemical coatings help to protect and preserve materials against external contaminants, extending the life of the material and thereby improving your overall efficiency as a business.
Choose ReAgent for Your Chemical Coating Needs
With over 40 years of industry experience and access to a range of high-quality raw materials, we can blend, mix and manufacture a bespoke chemical coating formulation that is tailored to suit your exact needs.
Whether you’re looking for a company that can blend, pack and distribute your coatings, work with you to change or modify an existing formulation, or create a bespoke formulation from scratch, ReAgent is the coating supplier that can do it all. We can even sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) to ensure the protection of your product.
We carry out blending with a variety of different coating systems, including epoxy coatings and polyutherane dispersions. We can also add different chemicals to these systems in order to give them specific properties, whether that is flame-retardancy or coloured dyes.
When you work with ReAgent, you’re working with a company that has been internationally recognised for unbeatable quality and industry-leading customer service. We know what it takes to make something that has impeccable quality, performance and accuracy; and, because we put our customers first, we will keep you updated every step of the way to ensure your business needs are being met.
Contact us today to see what we can do for you.
Why choose ReAgent?
- Open and friendly service
- We're happy to field any technical questions you might have and our door is always open if you want to come in to meet with us or perform an audit of our facility.
- Security and protection for your products and ideas
- We’re happy to enter into non-disclosure agreements with our customers to help protect their intellectual property.
- ISO certified quality and environmental standards
- Our ISO 9001:2008 Quality Standard goes hand in hand with our ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Standard enabling us to provide high quality products manufactured with consideration and respect for the environment.
- Over 3 decades of contract filling experience
- We’ve been contract filling since 1977 and as a result we’re experts in the field.
Get in touch now or call 0800 9555 798 to find out how we can help you