Why should you buy sodium sulphate from ReAgent?
- We supply sodium sulphate anhydrous LRG in 500g containers, with discounts available for bulk orders
- This product is sold with a 99% minimum purity levels and impurities not exceeding 0.2% chloride and 0.002% iron with less than 2% loss after drying
- We also offer further options with all our products, from custom labelling to specific pack sizes
What is sodium sulphate?
This compound is a salt derived from sulphuric acid. In nature it can be found in the mineral thenardite (anhydrous form) or the mineral mirabilite (decahydrate form, Na2SO4.10H2O). Industrially, sodium sulphate is used to manufacture paper and detergent, and it can be extracted from natural forms or as by-products of several chemical reactions, including the synthesis of hydrochloric acid.
What is sodium sulphate used for?
- Detergents: This compound is commonly used as a filler in laundry detergents. Once this consumed more than half of all sodium sulphate produced, but liquid detergents are becoming more popular, and sodium sulphate is not included in these products
- Paper manufacture: another decreasing use for sodium sulphate is in the paper industry. In the past, this chemical was an essential ingredient in black liquor, but it’s slowly being replaced with more efficient methods
- Glass manufacture: Currently the second most important use of sodium sulphate is in the manufacture of glass, where it’s used to remove air bubbles from molten glass
- Textile industry: sodium sulphate is also a popular compound in the textile industry to reduce negative charges in fibres and allow dyes to penetrate more efficiently
At ReAgent, we’re very proud of our friendly customer service. If you need help, simply contact us and a member of staff will be glad to assist you before, during and after your order. We offer a wide range of products, from pharmaceuticals to petrochemicals, as well as bespoke solutions.